• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malachi on Marriage Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Yahweh, speaking through the prophet Malachi, deals with the subject of marriage and divorce here. Polygamists will be disappointed that he makes no mention of multiple marriages but rather reinforces the need for a man to remain married to the wife, singular, of his youth. In verse 15 He speaks of a man and a woman, singular again, being one. How can a man be one with multiple wives? There is and can never be oneness in polygamy. The very name polygamy, poly meaning "more than one", rules that out. Moreover, a husband and wife are commanded not to defraud each other, i.e. not to withhold the sexual act. If a man is married to multiple wives and they all want to have sex with him on the same night, it means that some of them will have to be defrauded. Either that or he's going to have to be the meat in a very large sandwich, if you know what I mean.

Malachi 2:12-17 Amplified Bible
12 The Lord will cast out of the tents of Jacob to the last man those who do this [evil thing], the master and the servant [or the pupil] alike, even him who brings an offering to the Lord of hosts.
13 And this you do with double guilt; you cover the altar of the Lord with tears [shed by your unoffending wives, divorced by you that you might take heathen wives], and with [your own] weeping and crying out because the Lord does not regard your offering any more or accept it with favor at your hand.
14 Yet you ask, Why does He reject it? Because the Lord was witness [to the covenant made at your marriage] between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously and to whom you were faithless. Yet she is your companion and the wife of your covenant [made by your marriage vows].
15 And did not God make [you and your wife] one [flesh]? Did not One make you and preserve your spirit alive? And why [did God make you two] one? Because He sought a godly offspring [from your union]. Therefore take heed to yourselves, and let no one deal treacherously and be faithless to the wife of his youth.
16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I hate divorce and marital separation and him who covers his garment [his wife] with violence. Therefore keep a watch upon your spirit [that it may be controlled by My Spirit], that you deal not treacherously and faithlessly [with your marriage mate].
17 You have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet you say, In what way have we wearied Him? [You do it when by your actions] you say, Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord and He delights in them. Or [by asking], Where is the God of justice?

#2 User is offline   Roy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Obadiah...

Would you say a man with 2 wives is "sexually immoral"?

I ask because I know a man who has two wives. He is CI. We only know each other via Email/Skype etc. But, I wouldn't want to 'endorse' a man's sexual immorality.

I understand your 'point'. But am unsure if such a person would be considered sexually immoral.

thoughts?

#3 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

I'm amazed that you actually know someone in CI who's in a polygamous relationship (relationships?), because all the pro-polygamy Christian Identists I know of are now either single or married to just one woman. I guess polygamy didn't turn out to be the patriarchal Garden of Eden they imagined. What a shock.

I wouldn't call your friend sexually immoral, just sexually stupid. I'll be giving lots of reasons why in a podcast I'll be posting later this month titled "If It's Tuesday It Must Be Bertha" or "How I Learned to Hate Common Sense and Love Polygamy."

#4 User is offline   Roy 

• PipPip

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

".....I wouldn't call your friend sexually immoral, just sexually stupid......"

Well...............it seems to be working for them. They are all very happy and growing their family. I believe multiple wives thousands of years ago was probably a good strategy for "family" success and longevity; but obviously there is no need for it today.

Although...........if this world continues at the rate that it is going; I'd say a good case could be made for it again. Hard to find good Christian men these days. And "our" numbers are dwindling rapidly.

I hate to even reference this -- but I have watched "Sister Wives" from time to time just out of curiosity and I can't help to be envious when you see all the White children that family has produced. It is quite impressive, but sad at the same time. Sad because they are still 'in the dark'; but impressive because their children are just beautiful and plentiful. All blonde headed blue eyed beauties.

An interesting discussion for sure. One I would not "divide" over.

Thanks for your input.

#5 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:23 AM

Our people's problem isn't a lack of numbers, but a lack of obedience. If we as a nation obeyed Yahweh's law, our numbers would be plentiful because that's one of the blessings He's promised the faithful. Trying to save the white race by having more children and using that as an excuse to have multiple wives, which was never His perfect will for us, is not the answer. If numbers were of such great importance to Yahweh, He would never have told Gideon to reduce the size of his army and He wouldn't have chosen the Hebrews to be His ambassadors on Earth.

#6 User is offline   Roy 

• PipPip

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

Our people's problem isn't a lack of numbers, but a lack of obedience.

I'm really glad you said that. If I had/have a criticism of CI leadership, it would be their lack of emphasizing 'obedience'. Allow me to exaggerate slightly, but it seems the only exhortation for obedience I hear out of the CI community is to abstain from pork.

Anyway............I hope you have a large audience within the CI community. I agree wholeheartedly. I pray others listen to you.

Peace.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users