• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Running-in the Forum Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

Forum's are like a new car engine, they need to be run-in before they run smoothly.  There are a few bugs to iron out of the forum and some mods, such as a video embedder, to add.  The forum's too wide at the moment; the lines of text stretch on for miles. Have to correct that.  And I have to create an appropriate banner.  If something isn't working, let me know in this thread.

Yahweh bless!

#2 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

Added the banner today.  Just a temp version.  I need to resize it and coax Photoshop into putting a shine on that funky looking 'I'.  Ah the joys of scouring the Net for the right Photoshop tutorial. 

#3 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

Moved forum to its new and hopefully permanent host today.  "Unlimited" bandwidth on this host, or so I've been led to believe.  May create a section for the archiving of CI podcasts sometime in the future.  That way if TalkShoe is ever nuked, the podcasts will live on. 

#4 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

Changed the banner.  Much better.  Gotta remove those pesky borders on either side and add an appropriate Scripture.  Gonna replace default new post icons with a starburst icon. 

#5 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

Finally got the banner just the way I want it.  Well, close to the way I want it.  The obsessive-compulsive in me wants to keep tweaking it, but I'm going to leave it be.  For now.

#6 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Added a new forum, Survival Mode, today.  Surprisingly, survival sub-forums don't seem to be all that popular in CI message boards. We'll just have to see how this one goes.

#7 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

Going to add a special archive forum available only to members sometime in the near future. I am going to upload all the major CI podcasts and a couple of White Nationalist podcasts, Harold Covington's for one, onto this site's server, so people will be able to download them directly from here. My thinking behind this is that it will be real handy to have (what I hope to be) permanent archives of these podcasts, so that if the sites that host them go offline for whatever reason, they'll still be available for download, albeit in this small corner of the vineyard and provided you're a member. That membership requirement isn't set in stone. I could make the sub-forum open to the whosoever. I haven't made a firm decision yet.

#8 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

Added one of those ReCAPTCHA thingamajigs today to keep spammers out of the forum.

Gonna replace that rather blah set of smilies with some that are a little more flashy. Doesn't hurt to spice up the forum's visual accoutrements once in a while.

#9 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:40 AM

Had the pleasure of banning a Marty Lindstedt sockpuppet today. My first for this forum. Marty slithered in here under the alias of Dual Seedline Believer. He left me a private message explaining that he was really Pastor Bill DeClue, but he didn't want anyone to know he was Pastor Bill. Naturally, the Pope of CI knew I would smell a half-bearded rat and kick his brobdingagian behind out of here. That was his plan all along. You see, Marty has a SOP when it comes to CI and WN forums like this that name the loon. What he does is register under as many usernames as he can, then makes it guffawingly obvious that he's not whom he purports to be so he gets turfed. Why does he do this? One, because he's not playing with a full deck and, two, because he wants to make the forum's admins and mods so paranoid about who's who and who's Lindstedt that they'll make the mistake of banning new members who aren't His Haziness and cause the forum to self-implode, as regular members set upon the management over the unjust treatment of the innocent. That's the plan. The reality is that Marty gets himself banned, and everybody roars with laughter at what a nut he is. Typically, Marty will rally to his defence by besmirching his detractors as liars, deceivers, and ZOGbots, all the while failing to see the accute irony in the fact that somebody with more than 500 sockpuppets is casting doubt on the veracity of others.

#10 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:43 AM

Finally made it onto Google!

If you enter the search terms "Christian Identity Forum" or "The Christian Identity Forum", this website will be in amongst the first page of results. Ironically, the previous incarnation of the forum, which has an "org" on the end of it, is still ranked number one. But not for long.

Next week I'm going to do some serious SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of the forum in order to get it into the top spot. I want it to be the number one result for the more popular search term "Christian Identity" too. This means I'll have to out-SEO Wikipedia, which is sitting comfortably in first place for that term at the moment.

Difficult but not impossible.

#11 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:05 AM

Spent a lazy Sunday afternoon SEOing the forum to the max. The SEO analyzing program I use gave it an optimization score of 83 percent. Wikipedia scored only 60 percent. If the program is telling me no lies, I reckon this forum should be perched atop of the Google pile within a month.

#12 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:22 AM

This is where the forum stands in today's Google rankings for the following search terms.

The Christian Identity Forum -- Fifth

Christian Identity Forum -- Fifth

Christian Identity -- *Big fearful gulp* Not in the top 100!

What gets me is that the old "org" forum is ranked number one for the first two terms and has held that position for the past several weeks. How it's managed to do this, despite the fact that I did only a fraction of the SEO on it that I've done on this forum is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma dropped to the bottom of deep, dark conundrum.

#13 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

A Google ranking check today revealed that the above figures haven't changed.

If Uri Geller wasn't a Jew, I'd get him to improve the forum's rankings with telekinesis. "The Christian Identity Forum...move to number one position...NOW! NOW! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

#14 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

BREAKING NEWS!

Pastor Martin Lindstedt was brutally murdered this evening.

The police already have a suspect...

Everybody.

#15 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:19 AM

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

It has been confirmed that the earlier report of Pastor Martin Lindstedt being murdered was a hoax.

The Mayor of Granby, Missouri, has declared tomorrow a day of mourning.

#16 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:54 AM

The forum's Google rankings have improved.  The forum is currently ranked number one for the search term "the christian identity forum" with or without quotes, and second for "christian identity forum" with quotes, or fourth without. Still no sign of the forum in Google's top 100 results for the search term "christian identity". But that should change by the end of next week.

#17 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:41 AM

The number of spambots that haunt this forum is amazing. You can bet that Jews unleashed most of these pests on the Web.

The Jews have a love/hate relationship with the Internet. They hate it because it gives individuals like me the chance to dob them in to the world, and they love it because it enables them to make money without expending any physical effort. Jews hate physical labor almost as much as they hate White people.

Can't stand working with Jews? Get a job digging ditches.

I've set my sights on purchasing an Invision Pro Board this side of Christmas. SMF is fine and dandy for a free message board, but it lacks IP's refinement and extensive features and isn't anywhere near as customizable. IP3 is a much better option than vBulletin 4. It's cheaper, more user friendly, and doesn't have the beer drinker's gut that vBulletin has. Vbulletin's designers couldn't decide whether they wanted to release a message board that doubled as a blog, or a blog that doubled as a message board. The result was bloated, buggy software that's driving people to switch to Invision.

#18 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

Upgraded the forum to 2.0 R3.

Better.

Much better.

Got to fine tune it a little. That white wasteland between the banner and the navigation links has got to go.

#19 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Took an Invision Power Board for a spin yesterday.

It stank.

What is it with the people who design these premium message boards? Do they think they have to turn out  the software equivalent of Rachmaninoff's third piano concerto to justify the hefty price tag? The thing's admin panel was so complex, so hard to navigate, that I gave up on it after about an hour of wandering through its maze of esoterically labelled menus.

All I wanted to do was center a banner I uploaded. That's it! Something that should have been dead simple. But do you think the board's threadbare manual could tell me which template and which piece of code I needed to modify? I ended up turning to Google for this secret knowledge, but that proved equally fruitless.

The boffins who slap these boards together seem to be of the opinion that other boffins will be using it to circumnavigate the galaxy rather than simply posting messages, like the overwhelming majority of us technically disinclined folk will. The number of bells and whistles they crammed into the board was crazy. You'd be lucky to use five percent of them. The boffins themselves would be lucky to use five percent.

Anyway, I'm sticking with SMF. It mightn't be perfect, but it's a cinch to use, the default theme looks a helluva lot nicer than Invision's, and the admin panel is actually navigable.

Praise Yahweh for navigable admin panels!

#20 User is offline   Obadiah 1:18 

• Obie circa 1972
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Had the pleasure of banning a Marty Lindstedt sockpuppet today. My first for this forum. Marty slithered in here under the alias of Dual Seedline Believer. He left me a private message explaining that he was really Pastor Bill DeClue, but he didn't want anyone to know he was Pastor Bill. Naturally, the Pope of CI knew I would smell a half-bearded rat and kick his brobdingagian behind out of here. That was his plan all along. You see, Marty has a SOP when it comes to CI and WN forums like this that name the loon. What he does is register under as many usernames as he can, then makes it guffawingly obvious that he's not whom he purports to be so he gets turfed. Why does he do this? One, because he's not playing with a full deck and, two, because he wants to make the forum's admins and mods so paranoid about who's who and who's Lindstedt that they'll make the mistake of banning new members who aren't His Haziness and cause the forum to self-implode, as regular members set upon the management over the unjust treatment of the innocent. That's the plan. The reality is that Marty gets himself banned, and everybody roars with laughter at what a nut he is. Typically, Marty will rally to his defence by besmirching his detractors as liars, deceivers, and ZOGbots, all the while failing to see the accute irony in the fact that somebody with more than 500 sockpuppets is casting doubt on the veracity of others.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I was WRONG about this one. Dual Seedline Believer was in fact Pastor Bill and not the Pope of CI, after all. So Pastor Bill gets an apology but, Marty, you get zip. You'll just have to consider all of the gloating you're going to derive from this retraction as apology enough.

Laugh it up, Pope of CI. Yahweh still is in His Heaven, and you're still out of your mind.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users